Does A Pillow Really Help With The Temperature Of My Body?
- 1 Does A Pillow Really Help With The Temperature Of My Body?
- 2 Why choose a gel pillow?
- 3 Specific considerations for compiling this list
- 4 Top 5 Best Cooling Pillow For Hot Sleepers
- 5 Bluewave Bedding gel-infused slim style sleeping pillow
- 6 Comfort Revolution hydraluxe cooling memory foam pillow
- 7 PharMeDoc contour gel memory foam pillow
- 8 Tempur-pedic tempur-cloud memory foam gel pillow
- 9 Fomi thick gel and shredded memory foam pillow
- 10 Final thoughts
A lot of people are MUCH more comfortable sleeping with open windows and fans on even when it gets colder outside because it simply gets way too hot when you are sleeping. To try and combat the heat your body produces each night when you fall asleep, you may have considered drastic measures.
When it is very hot at night or when our body is producing excess heat and we begin to sweat, it becomes extremely uncomfortable to sleep. We begin to toss and turn and fight our pillow trying to adjust it not only to the fluff it but to get it with the cold side facing up.
While we do our best to get air flowing through our room and keep the thermostat relatively low, sometimes that is simply not enough. Many people have resorted to finding a pillow that is not only extremely comfortable but that is specifically designed to regulate the temperature or cool down the pillow.
Quick Look At Our Top 5 Picks
You may think it sounds a bit far fetched that a pillow could keep you cool and regulate the temperature while you are sleeping but they actually play a key role. Most of the heat in our bodies escapes through our hands, feet and head, meaning that our heads are releases the heat which is then absorbed and trapped in our pillow, so if you are heating up in your sleep it’s no wonder your head and neck feel hot and sweaty first.
The cooling pillows work to keep air circulated through the pillow rather than trapping it in and keeping the heat locked there. The circulated air flow allows the pillow to keep cool which in turn helps to keep you cool as the heat from your head and body transfers to the pillow.
Why choose a gel pillow?
Typical pillows absorb your heat energy and keep it stuck in the pillow which warms it rather than the heat dissipating, it lumps all together and keeps the heat tightly packed in. However, some pillows are infused with gel which is cooler than fibers and works to remain cool throughout the evening without absorbing the heat from your head onto the pillow.
You can choose from a variety of different fillings and casing combinations to find the perfect cooling pillow for you. You may have seen shredded memory foam and breathable buckwheat pillows on the market but another suggestion that may actually be the best suited for you is a pillow with a cooling gel insert.
Pillows with gel inserts specially designed for cooling at usually customizable meaning you can remove or add the gel inserts whenever you want. The cooling gel works in a different way than the pillows that simply circulate air, the gel itself is cooling.
Some pillows are labeled as breathable and cooling or great for air circulation but they thing is that the air can still get trapped and it’s not like your pillows has a built in fan that mechanically and forcibly pushes and pulls the air. The cooling gel on the other hand is made out of a gel that is designed to be a lower temperature and take longer to heat up as well as being more difficult to absorb air.
Specific considerations for compiling this list
- Truly cooling: As you are seeking a pillow that is specifically cooling for hot sleepers, the top priority should be that the pillow is actually working to keep you cool. The pillows that have been specifically selected for list are extremely good at keeping cool and keeping you cold.
- Highly comfortable: The pillows on this list are also extremely comfortable in whatever way you use it, for your neck, head or even to prop up your legs or under your back. The pillows are designed to support you without being too firm and uncomfortable.
- Sturdy and supportive: These pillows have also been tested to make sure they are not only supportive but that they are sturdy and will hold up. These pillows should not break upon arrival or general use as well as not over the course of a year.
- Machine washable: Your pillow is a very important part of you sleeping, but it can also get dirty really easily when you are laying your face against it every night. The pillows on this list are either easy to spot clean or have a removable cover that you can wash in the machine easily.
Top 5 gel pillows for every hot sleeper in your house
Top 5 Best Cooling Pillow For Hot Sleepers
If you are searching for a better night’s sleep you may want to consider the environment and circumstances of your sleeping situations. Many things like noise, temperature, light, and our own personal sleep schedules dramatically affect the quality and length of our sleep.
To create the perfect sleep environment you obviously need to consider the above factors as well as the sleeping equipment you have in your room and on your bed. Choosing the perfect bed for you probably took some careful consideration and research, and choosing your pillow should also be an important, researched decision.
Sounds funny, right? Well, hopefully now you see just how important your pillow is to providing you with ample support and comfort as well as keeping you cool throughout the night. The temperature at which you sleep affects how well you sleep and the quality of your sleep affects your entire day and health in the long run.
If you have worked on the other elements of your sleep environment and you only have to consider the perfect pillow for you then I hope this list has offered you some help in narrowing down your options. If you are a hot sleeper, then you are going to find a cooling pillow should help a little to keep you cool and sleeping calmly.