- 1 Why Choose A Latex Pillow?
- 2 What to keep in mind when choosing a latex pillow?
- 3 Special considerations for compiling this list
- 4 The Top 5 Latex Pillows Of 2018
- 5 Simmons Beautyrest Latex Foam Pillow
- 6 MALOUF Z 100% Natural Talalay Latex Zoned Pillow
- 7 Organic Textiles All Natural Latex Pillow With Organic Cotton Outer Covering
- 8 Talatech Authentic Latex Foam Medium Density Pillow
- 9 Ledia Ergonomic Latex Pillow
- 10 Closing Thoughts
Why Choose A Latex Pillow?
Sleep.Sleep may be something on your mind more and more lately as autumn has not only rolled in but made it clear that it is here to stay and it is a windy, cold one. What is it about the weather that just makes us more exhausted when we see grey skies and the darkening sooner?
Quick Look At Our Top 5 Picks
As you have been waiting desperately for the clocks to be turned backwards and allow us one more hour to sleep, you may have noticed you are moving more sluggishly. The autumn weather not only brings in cool and darkness to our lives, but it is also a time of business and holiday fever causing us stress.
If you are like me, your sleep is becoming a more important thing to you as it affects your health and your entire day. You may find that having a good routine is great for improving your sleep but that is not the only thing as the place you sleep, your bed and pillow all play a key role.
None of our bodies are exactly alike so the pillow you need may not just be a run of the mill standard pillow. You may like firm pillows, soft, ones that are made of memory foam or perhaps you need one specifically for acid reflux disease.
Latex pillows are maybe not something that you have considered yet and maybe it is not something you have actually heard of before. Maybe you have a lot of questions and maybe you are already writing the idea off as craziness, but bear with me.
If you think latex is an odd material for a pillow that’s probably because you are dealing with a plastic-like, cold, material that you have seen in other latex products such as gloves. But latex pillows can actually be extremely soft and comfortable as well as supportive throughout the entire night.
These pillows hold up great under pressure and are extremely resilient to the shock and pressure of your head laying on the pillow repeatedly. These pillows are particularly sturdy and will not deflate as often or as quickly as the other pillows you may find on the market, if you are looking for something long-lasting and durable, you may truly enjoy having this pillow around.
Pillows made from latex are usually washable and typically keep their shape throughout even when you clean it often. While you should stay away from the pillow if you are allergic to latex, you may find that these pillows keep irritating dust mites away much better than a standard pillow.
What to keep in mind when choosing a latex pillow?
This may seem like a no brainer, but if you do know that you already have a latex allergy then you need to stay away from these pillows. You can test to see if you have a latex allergy at your doctors office or you may know if you have come in contact with latex gloves or other products.
Make sure that you check the machine washing instructions on the particular pillow you have chosen allows you to wash it. Keep in mind that the pillows are going to be made from a slightly different material than you are used to so you may need some time adjusting to it.
Special considerations for compiling this list
- Made with 100% latex: All of the pillows we specifically selected for this list are made with a 100% latex center so that you do not have to guess what is in your pillow.
- Breathable, cotton cover: The cover on these pillows will also all be made with cotton at least 75% so that it is breathable and easy to wash.
- Hypoallergenic: The pillows on our lists are made to be hypoallergenic and keep irritants off of your pillow and out of your lungs.
- Washable: washable pillows and/or covers are a must when you are using them daily and so we have chosen pillows that are easy for you to care for.
The Top 5 Latex Pillows Of 2018
If you are searching for a pillow that will be light, breathable and easily washable then you may just like to have a latex pillow around. These are typically very supportive, highly resistant pillows that will last you quite some time.
When choosing your pillow take into account your own personal preferences, allergies and budget to make sure you get exactly what you are looking for. The latex pillow option, while not for everyone, is one that is particularly durable and sturdy.