So, you’ve landed yourself an adjustable bed. Lucky, you. Having an adjustable bed is like sleeping as royalty. It’s completely customizable to the positions that will give you the most comfort at night, and the best night’s sleep. However, you may be wondering if you’re mattress is compatible with an adjustable bed.
Not all mattresses are compatible, but we’ve done the research to find you the 5 best mattresses for an adjustable bed.
Quick Look at Our Top 5 Picks
Benefits of an Adjustable Bed
- Heating/Cool Technology: This feature is great if you’re looking for a luxurious retreat at night with an electric adjustable bed. This can cool you down in the summer, and heat you up in the winter!
- Health: Surprisingly, the elevation in which you sleep can greatly benefit your health. Have serious respiratory problems like asthma or allergies? By elevating your head this can help drain the sinuses, or help those with acid reflux. It can also alleviate joint pain for those with arthritis.
- Size: Adjustable beds come in every size! Whether you’re shopping for yourself or a family member, they’re available in all bed sizes.
- Comfort: As you may have guessed, adjustable beds are insanely comfortable. Looking to watch TV before you snooze off for the night? You can adjust youf back up to give the support of a couch. Sleep better with your knees up? You can adjust it to this setting. The options are endless.
Best Mattresses for an Adjustable Bed
Classic Brands Cool Gel Mattress
View On Amazon
This 14-inch memory foam mattress is known for its cooling properties. Infused with cool gel, this mattress regulates temperature in order to avoid waking up in a sweat or overheating throughout the night. Made of memory foam, the Classic Brands Cool Gel Mattress relieves pressure and gives the support your body needs to get a better night’s sleep.
It has gel infused ventilated memory foam to create a comfortable surface, and a dense foam base to support and conform to the body. Memory foam is resistant to allergens, mold, bacteria, and dust mites, which makes it naturally hypoallergenic! This memory foam mattress has firm support but a medium-plush feel, making it perfect for an adjustable bed.
- Great for back pain
- Keeps temperature cool
- Better sleep for those with insomnia
- Comes with 2 free foam gel pillows
- Relieves morning soreness
- Works amazing with an adjustable bed
- Foam takes a few weeks to stabilize
- Has an odor at first
Live and Sleep Resort Ultra Twin XL Mattress
View On Amazon
This Twin XL mattress is 12-inches of resort feeling comfort. Available in other sizes as well, the memory foam works beautifully to cushion and cradle your body for prime relaxation. The memory foam mattress is made of 2.5 inches of Premium Air-Flow MF to create a breathable mattress that doesn’t trap in heat. Next there’s a 1-inch layer of Gel-Infused Visco that helps regulate temperature and cool the memory foam layers. Lastly, there’s 8.5-inches of High Density Support Base that works as a gentle firm support to help relieve pressure, tossing, and soreness.
The Live and Sleep Resort comes with a free memory foam pillow, a washable cover, and is works on a box spring, a metal platform bed, an adjustable bed, or just hard floor.
- Great price
- No odor
- Nice combination of plushness & support
- Supports pressure points
- Takes a couple days to adjust
- Mattress has rounded corners that may not fit in rectangle bed frame
Sweetnight Gel Memory Foam Mattress
View On Amazon
This 10-inch gel memory foam mattress is layered for comfort. The Sweetnight mattress is made to give you a cloud-like sensation. It has 2-inches of gel infused memory foam to make sure you do not wake up overheating, like most memory foam mattresses. To ease pressure points, there is a 5-inch comfort foam layer with a firmer middle to keep the body properly balanced due to the split 3 zone design. The bottom has a 3-inch high-density support to absorb movement as well as isolate movement at night, so you cannot feel your partner moving.
Surprisingly, this Sweetnight mattress can be used on either side! The top side has more of a plush feeling for those preferring a softer mattress, while the bottom is medium firm for those that like the feeling of firm support. Even better, it fits all types of bed frames. It can be used on the floor, box spring, a slatted frame, or an adjustable bed.
- More comfortable than a spring mattress
- Flexibility to have the option of soft or firm side
- Great for those with back pain
- Odor lasts for weeks
- Lacks edge support
- May need mattress topper to stay cool
View On Amazon
This breathable mattress has an airflow transfer system that creates more breathability by thousands of connected ventilation holes and channels to combat overheating. This also prevents the mattress from breaking down due to sweat in the foam. The Snuggle-Pedic has Flex-Support Technology that gives relief for pressure points, and supports your body while sleeping.
Like a traditional mattress, it’s easy to move around! The split King size comes in 2 XL Twins, which make it perfect for adjustable beds. Included is also a removable zipped cover that micro-vented for a cool night’s sleep.
- Great cooling system for humid climates
- No odor
- Relieves pressure
- Great for people with fibromyalgia
- Amazing customer service
- May take a week to adjust
Sunrising Bedding Queen Mattress
View On Amazon
This Sunrising Bedding Queen Mattress is 12-inches of luxury. It has 3.5-inches of BIO-Air Memory foam that uses foam with open cell structure to keep the mattress breathable, and cool at night. It also has 8.5-inches of ultra-support base foam to create better edge support and also keep a bounce.
With medium-firm memory foam, it’s designed to have a localized bounce in order to leave partners undisturbed while moving at night. This mattress fits box springs, platform beds, slatted beds, bunk beds, trundles beds, and adjustable beds.
- No odors due to plant-based memory foam
- Firm but comfortable
- Alleviates back pain
- May not be comfortable for side sleepers
Best Mattress for YOU
While you’re looking for the best mattress for an adjustable bed, it’s important to keep in mind that the best mattress is the mattress that fits your needs and lifestyle. Let’s break it down into categories.
- Temperature: Are you a hot sleeper that wakes up sweating? The Sunrising Bedding Queen Mattress has an integrated cooling system that’s unlike most memory foam mattress.
- Pain: Did you get an adjustable bed to alleviate pain? Make sure your mattress is doing the same! The Snuggle-Pedic Mattress is great for those with fibromyalgia or other chronic pains by alleviating pressure, and creating premium support.
- Firmness: Not sure if you like a firmer or softer mattress? The Sweetnight Gel Memory Foam Mattress is reversible, meaning you can flip the mattress to find the desired firmness for you. One side is plush, and the other medium-firm.
Overall, a mattress is a personal choice that should be based on your needs, and shouldn’t be compromised based on you the bed you’re trying to fit it to. Happy sleeping!