Maybe you are not considering decorating your patio in the middle of winter, when it’s cold and getting dark much too early. However, you may want to rethink that, as many summer things can be found discounted in the winter time, and if you start now and plan ahead then you’ll be all set up for summer.
While pillows are going to be a must for the patio, you are also going to need to have a place to put the cushions on. You also want to have a comfy environment to entertain guests or relax, so you might want to start with some appropriate patio furniture.
Quick Look at Our Top 5 Picks
Consider chairs, loungers and sofas to go out on the patio that can be coupled with a nice coffee table or even a full patio table. You can even have a porch swing outside to place cushions all over and keep you comfy.
You can use the cushions just for comfort or you can put a few more out there as throw pillows the same way that you would indoors. This will give your outdoor space a bit more of a cozy, filled feeling to it.
Editor’s Choice for Best Outdoor Pillow
Greendale Home Fashions outdoor pillow
I like Greendale Home Fashions’ option for an outdoor pillow because it comes in a wide variety of cover options and comes as a two-pack. The pillows are also made from completely recycled materials.
- Made from 100% recycled bottles
- Style options
The Top 5 Best Rated Outdoor Pillows Reviewed
Greendale Home Fashions outdoor pillow
Greendale Home Fashions has created their outdoor pillow in a two-pack style that gives you a pretty low price for a matching pair. You have plenty of choice when it comes to this pillow as it comes with twenty-three options for how you would like the pattern of your pillow to look.
The pillows measure seventeen inches and are square shaped, the size is relatively small and can easily be placed on a chair or sofa. They are 100% polyester pillows and will be relatively easy for you to wash and keep cleaned.
- 2 pack
- Over 20 pattern options
- Easy to clean
- Flattens easily
- Colors may be slightly off from the photo
Perfect Pillow indoor or outdoor rectangular pillow
These are fun pillows because they are shaped differently than most of the pillows, not a square but a rectangular pillow with rounded edges. You can use these between the typical, square pillows or on their own.
You can choose from one of eighteen different pattern options including floral or tropical patterns, solid unusual colors like teal or just abstract pillows. You get two pillows when you make the purchase so you do not have to worry about finding ones to match them perfectly.
- Two for one
- Many style options
- Unique shape
- Color may fade quickly
- Shipping is not always careful with the pillows
1101 Design Sunbrella cord indoor or outdoor pillow
1101 Design’s pillows are created for indoor and outdoor so you can move them from the patio to the living room as needed. You not only can choose the color with these pillows but you can choose the size as well and you still get a pack of two.
You can choose one out of over forty different pattern options which are a variety of stripes in either vertical or horizontal. You can also choose to purchase a solid color, or if you order two sets then you could mix in match stripes with solids.
These are square shaped pillows that come in the following sizes: sixteen inches, twenty, twenty-two or twenty-four inch pillows. So if you do decide to purchase multiple sets and mix and match you can also create texture and variety in the area with large and small pillows.
- Size options
- Color options
- 2 pack
- Quality diminishes over time
Dakotah pillow set of two
These Dakotah pillow sets come to you as a pack of two, square pillows for a relatively affordable price. What you may like about these pillows is that they are made locally in the US meaning that their factories and workers are held up to quality standards.
When you are selecting the pillows that you want for your living environment, you can select the color and the pattern name will easily pop up as well. There are only eight options for patterns, and while it is significantly less than the other options have, but they are high quality and very stylish.
These are 100% polyester pillows and can be cleaned easily with a wet towel and allowing the pillow to air dry. They are very durable pillows and will hold up to all of your uses whether outside or indoors and though the changing seasons as well.
IZO Homegoods premium outdoor pillow
Alright so these pillows from IZO Homegoods are different from the others on the list because they are designed to be covered and do not come already decorated. These are pillow fillers so you can use them with whatever case or cover you think will best suit your patio area.
These pillows are made in the US and are held to American standards of how they treat their employees and in producing quality pillows. There are eleven different sizing options for your pillow as well as three different shapes.
Not only are they pillows 100% polyester but they are hypoallergenic and water resistant as well, meaning they can hold up to continued use. They are strong and durable and as long as you keep them covered you can clean them easily.
- USA made
- All purpose
- Size is not completely accurate
- Too soft
Special Considerations For Compiling This List
- Comfortable: The pillows you purchase are supposed to be protecting you and your furniture both short term and in the long run. The cushion protects the seat from scratches, scraping and wear and the cushion protects you from the uncomfortable, stiff seating which means it should be comfortable, not just cute.
- Sturdy: I personally prefer pillows that can hold up to a lot of uses over a long period of time so that I do not have to redecorate every few months. It’s best if they can handle a little water and sun, but i also chose ones that will handle a machine wash as well.
- Affordable: I created this list only out of affordable outdoor cushions and nothing overly priced because I personally believe in a good deal for the quality. Just because the price tag may be a little low, but that does not mean it is lacking in the actual quality of the product.
- Stylish: I know you want to use these pillows outdoor, which can mean a variety of things, but one of the main ones would be to use it on the patio. For this reason I chose pillows that are stylish or easy to cover so that they can be decorative as well as useful.
- Versatile: As I was searching i began to notice a pattern in that the best quality outdoor pillows are also good for indoors as well. This way your pillows are versatile and if you need to, you can bring it inside and use it there.
When you’re enjoying the outdoors, whether it is from the patio, the front porch or in the mountains somewhere, it is important to be comfortable. The pillows selected specifically for this list are designed more for patio usage, though you could take them with you on a camping expedition.
Make sure to read the care instructions on the labels of the pillows you purchase in order to clean and dry them properly. You can choose your own cover or casing for the pillows to switch up the design and decoration to match whatever style you are going for.