When you think of summer, you probably envision yourself lounging on the beach, enjoying the nice weather while you listen to the waves crashing.
Quick Look at Our Top 5 Picks
Yet, not every summer day is filled with clear blue skies, and visits to the beach. Some are filled with rain or heavy storms that turn into impromptu movie days.
Others may reach lower temperatures, towards you get to the end of summer. Not to mention, the days may be hot, but depending where you live, the nights can still get pretty chilly. And what can make your dreary summer days better? A comfy summer blanket.
We all tend to have quite the collection of winter blankets because with all the comfy fabrics and patterns, they’re hard to resist! But a search for a summer blanket?
Those are much harder to find. Plus, when you’re planning for summer, a beach blanket sounds more fun.
Yet, summer blankets can be extremely useful if you’re in a climate with weather that fluctuates, or you tend to spend a lot of summer nights outside when the temperature has dropped.
The best summer blankets have a couple of qualities to look for.
- 1 Regular Blanket vs Summer Blanket
- 2 Qualities of a Summer Blanket
- 3 Product Reviews
- 4 Bedsure Flannel Fleece Luxury Blanket
- 5 Utopia Bedding Woven Cotton Blanket
- 6 Aidear Lightweight Summer Blanket
- 7 YnM Cooling Weighted Blanket
- 8 GOHD Bamboo Fiber Blanket
- 9 Final Thoughts
Regular Blanket vs Summer Blanket
First, you may be wondering how is a summer blanket any different from a regular blanket? Depending on the purpose of your blanket, there may not be a difference, but most likely your wool winter blanket wouldn’t help you in the summer heat.
A blanket for the summer is more equivalent to a throw blanket you’d keep on your couch. Their purpose is to add a layer of warmth, just like wearing a light sweater.
Usually they tend to be more loose knits, giving breathability, and they’re more lightweight to adhere to the warmer climate. Let’s get a little more in depth.
Qualities of a Summer Blanket
- Lightweight: Even if it gets chilly during a summer day, you don’t want an extremely thick fabric. Look for fabrics that can be made into a thin blanket like cotton, polyester, or bamboo. A thinner blanket will be better suited for the season, and can always be layered with other blankets to provide more warmth.
- Breathable: Finding a blanket that is made out of a breathable fabric will prevent trapping unnecessarily heat in the blanket with you, and overheating you. The goal of a great summer blanket is not to create a barrier between you and outside, but rather to add a layer of warmth. A breathable fabric give you the perfect balance. Look for cotton and bamboo fabrics!
- Cool: This may seem obvious, but looking for blankets with cooling properties is great for those that are looking to use their summer blankets inside. If you are looking for a blanket to replace your thick comforter or quilt, or are a hot sleeper, blankets made of bamboo or specifically engineered fabrics to feel cooler will help combat heat.
- Available in different sizes: A blanket for the summer could mean anything! Whether you’re using it on your bed, on the couch, outdoors, or in the car, there are many different purposes a summer blanket can provide. Make sure that when you’re searching for a blanket, you’re looking for the correct size, or you’re looking at blankets that are available in many different sizes!
Whether you’re looking for an extra blanket for your bed, a car blanket, or a campfire blanket, there’s always a need for a summer blanket.
Summers days are usually feeling with a lot of sunburns and extreme heat, but at night the temperature can significantly drop, making a light blanket the perfect summer accessory.
And there’s always the building that blast freezing cold air conditioning during the summertime.
If you’re someone that’s always cold, you know the struggle of having to bring a sweater wherever you go even when it may be extremely hot outside.
If you keep a light summer blanket in your car, you can just bring it inside with you!
There are few things to keep in mind. Know what you’re going to use your blanket for.
A summer blanket is different for everyone, and the type of blanket you chose should be specific for your needs!
If you’re looking for a blanket for your bed, make sure it comes in large enough sizes.
If you’re looking for a blanket to use while you sit outside, look for a breathable cotton.
If you’re looking for an outdoor blanket, you may want to look for other blankets that have waterproof surfaces and are made of durable fabric.
All and all, it’s just a blanket! As long as the company has a good return policy, feel free to order a blanket and see if you like it in person, as you always have the option to return it!