Shopping for a mattress isn’t walk in the park. At the end of the day, it’s choosing from many different products that may look exactly the same, but have very different impacts on your night’s sleep. More importantly, sleep has a large role in influencing our day to day health!
This doesn’t make buying a mattress any less daunting, especially when you could be spending thousands of dollars on a Tempur-Pedic mattress. However, that’s not the only daunting part. When it comes to finding the best Tempur-Pedic mattress for you, there are many options to choose from. Lucky for you, below is a guide of the best Tempur-Pedic mattresses for all types of people and sleeping habits, so you can make the best decision on this investment.
Quick Look at Our Top 5 Picks
Tempur-Pedic Mattresses vs. Memory Foam Mattresses
At the on start of your search you may wondering, is a Tempur-Pedic mattress the same as an off-brand memory foam mattress? While a Tempur-Pedic mattress does contain memory foam, it has many other layers to provide a higher quality mattress. Each mattress has a base layer, a support layer, and other layers specific to the mattress you are looking at. These layers address comfort, temperature, movement, and other aspects that are important to a great night’s sleep!
Considerations When Buying a Tempur-Pedic Mattress
- Firmness: Do you want to slightly sink into your bed or do you prefer to feel more supported?
- Mattress size: How much room you need while you sleep? Are you and your partner too close together?
- Temperature: Do you tend to get very hot at night?
- Moisture: Do you often wake up sweating?
- Price: How much are you willing to spend?
- Pain: Do you have chronic pain in certain places?
- Cleanliness: Is it important that you can wash the cover of your mattress?
What is the best Tempur-Pedic mattress?
The best Tempur-Pedic mattress depends on you. Finding a mattress is a personal choice, and should be based on your lifestyle habits as well as your partners. There are a few considerations when finding the best Tempur-Pedic mattress for you. The first being, the firmness of the mattress. Are you looking for a Tempur-Pedic firm mattress or a softer one? Many of the Tempur-Pedic mattress styles have a range of firm to soft, so this does not mean you must compromise on other aspects of your mattress. Next, would be the size. Are you sharing this bed with a partner? If so, you may want to opt for a Queen Tempur-Pedic or a King size Tempur-Pedic mattress. Let’s find your perfect fit.
The Best Tempur-Pedic Mattresses
Below are the best Tempur-Pedic mattresses, their descriptions, and benefits of each.
How long does a Tempur-Pedic mattress last?
Every Tempur-Pedic mattress has a 10-year warranty. Since Tempur-Pedic mattresses are memory foam mattresses, they are more prone to compressing over time. To avoid this, it is recommended that you move your Tempur-Pedic mattress clockwise every 3 months. This will allow weight to distribute across the Tempur-Predic mattress, and to prolong its durability overtime. A Tempur-Pedic firm mattress is more likely to last longer than a Tempur-Pedic soft mattress because it has more supportive layers.
Is a Tempur-Pedic mattress worth the money?
As you can see with every Tempur-Pedic mattress, the main complaint is the cost of the Tempur-Pedic mattress. Out of all the mattresses above, the most expensive is the TEMPUR-Contour Elite Breeze Firm Mattress. What makes it so expensive? Unlike other memory foam mattresses, the Tempur-Pedic mattresses use TEMPUR material to counteract the negative aspects of a memory foam mattress. In general, memory foam mattresses retain a lot of heat, and Tempur-Pedic mattresses combat that with the SmartClimate system and PureCool formula. The Breeze style of Tempur-Pedic mattress is popular, due to this aspect. In addition, supportive layers and the motion dispersal aspect, these Tempur-Pedic mattresses are designed to cater to the person buying them. It’s definitely an investment, but with a 10-year warranty it may be easier to look at this investment in increments based on this 10-year warranty. If you take the price of the mattress and divide it by 10, that’s only $200-300 a year for a good night’s sleep, and an investment to your health.
Are Tempur-Pedic mattresses good for someone with fibromyalgia?
A good night’s sleep can be difficult when you’re trying to get comfortable on the wrong mattress, but especially those with chronic pain. Tempur-pedic mattress are a great investment for those that have trouble sleeping at night due to chronic back pain, knee pain, hip pain, and more. There are countless reviews emphasizing how these mattresses have relieved pain:
Are Tempur-Pedic mattress for side sleepers?
Absolutely! Side sleepers may be weary when looking at a Tempur-pedic mattress, since they have a layer of memory foam. However, the other TEMPUR materials used with the memory ensure that side sleepers do not have a problem when buying a Tempur-Pedic mattress. These TEMPUR layers allow for side sleepers to get the support they need, while also not waking up their partner when they change positions at night.
Is a Tempur-Pedic mattress right for me?
At the end of the day, a mattress is a personal choice. While some mattresses may work for others, they may not work for you. Tempur-Pedic mattresses are for those willing to make an investment in their health by improving their sleep at night. Here’s a concluding list to see if a Tempur-Pedic mattress is the right mattress for you.
- Do you wake up in the middle of the night when your partner moves? Tempur-Pedic mattresses eliminate this problem with their motion defusing material. The TEMPUR-Cloud Loft Soft Mattress may be a good choice for you!
- Do you wake up to your sheets soaked in sweat? Tempur-Pedic mattresses ensure that when you’re sleeping you don’t overheat but offering many TEMPUR materials to regulate temperature. The SmartClimate System will eliminate moister, while PureCool will keep the temperate regulated. The TEMPUR-Contour Elite Breeze Firm Mattress is perfect for you!
- Have you had a recent surgery or continue to have chronic pain? Tempur-Pedic mattresses include layers that cater to conforming to your body and relieving pressure points. In fact, any of the 5 memory foam mattresses above would be fit for you.
- Do you feel cramped in your bed, or feel like you’re forced to sleep too close to your partner? Tempur-Pedic mattresses come in many different sizes. They are available in: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King.