- 1 What Is A Throw Pillow?
- 2 Do I Really Need Throw Pillows?
- 3 Special Considerations For Creating And Compiling This List
- 4 Top 5 Throw Pillows
- 5 Foamily Premium Hypoallergenic Stuffer Pillow
- 6 Miulee 2-pack Decorative pillow
- 7 LunarTex Down Pillow 2-pack
- 8 Acanva 2-pack Oblong Pillow
- 9 Hippih 4-pack Hypoallergenic Pillows
- 10 Final Thoughts
What Is A Throw Pillow?
If you’re a woman, this may be an argument you have had regularly with your husband: do we really need throw pillows? There may be some confusion over needs and wants and what the entire point of the throw pillow is, inside your home.
Throw pillows make nice accents and decoration for your household, making your bed and sofas look fuller. You may be wondering why the sofa needs pillows and why these particular pillows are not made to be used.
Quick Look at Our Top 5 Picks
These are like the guest bedroom or the hand towels in the bathroom that you are not allowed to use or even the good china that seems to just sit in the house collecting dust, they are designed to make your home more beautiful and cozy.
They are not completely useless, and are not only for decorating as you can use these pillows because good ones are designed to be very comfortable much like a normal pillow. While many people do not like the throw pillows to be used because they can go flat, you can look for extra plump pillows and fluff them often to give the effect of being full and new.
If you need to loan your pillow out when a guest stays the night with you, these pillows will be enough and more comfortable for them to sleep on than without one.
Do I Really Need Throw Pillows?
Many of us ask ourselves this question at least once or twice in our lifetime, especially when we begin shopping and check the price tags on the pillow inserts and the cases. Maybe this question comes up for you more if you have small children or pets at home who seem to make it their life’s work to destroy all of the nice things in your home.
While you can technically live without throw pillows, and they are not a must or need for survival or good sleep, you may want to consider adding them to your home anyway. The reason for this is because they really do class the place up a little more and make it feel more like a home.
You may be wondering if no one goes in your bedroom then there really is not a point to adding the decor, but do you not want your room to be a place that you enjoy going to? Your room is your personal safe haven where you can go to find rest and to be yourself, so it should be a comfy place that feels like home and feels like it was made especially for you.
Okay, okay, so we need throw pillows for the bed, but what about the sofa? Do I REALLY need to be shelling out money to decorate my sofa where we are only sitting?
This again comes down to your personal style and how you want your home and your living space to look. Do you want it to look fuller, classier and more cozy than just a bare sofa, or are you okay with blandness?
That decision is yours alone.
Special Considerations For Creating And Compiling This List
- Plush and soft: While the pillows listed on this particular index are only inserts, without covers, the pillow itself should be relatively comfortable. You may just be throwing this on the sofa to add some color, but you do not want it to be stiff, but cushy, soft and plump.
- Shape and design: These pillows are mostly all square shaped as that is the most popular design of throw pillows and is good for the bedroom as well as the living room. The size and design should be relatively small but not so small that you cannot display it or even use it for your head if and when needed.
- Durability: These pillows are small and not used nearly as often as our regular pillows get used but that does not mean they should not be long lasting. In fact, because you do not use them regularly they should easily last you years and should hold up to normal household wear and tear.
- Allergy-free or without harsh chemicals: Since these pillows are going in your house, on your bed and sofas, you probably want them to be made out of materials you know, and lacking the harsh chemicals, metals and allergens that you don’t need. Pillows are things you do not only use daily but you typically put your skin directly on, and we chose only the most user-friendly products for this list.
Top 5 Throw Pillows
If you are interested in investing in throw pillows to help spruce your house up a little bit, then you may want to take your time shopping around. We have done our best to narrow the list and make that process altogether more hassle free by researching, testing and evaluating the best pillows on the market today.
The pillows that you have seen listed here are high quality, and come without the guilt of being made with irritants in the fabric. You do not have to worry about putting these pillows out around your family or your guests.
If you are looking to add to your house, these throw pillows will go great on either your bed or your sofa, depending on which needs them. In any case, you can just add them to both, as they go great in either place.
It is important to note nad reiterate that these pillows are not designed to be slept on, but rather just to sit in the room as decoration. While they can be used to rest your head, prop your back or legs up or rest neck, they are not specifically for this purpose and may deflate faster than other pillows.