- 1 What Is Goose Down?
- 2 Why choose a goose down pillow?
- 3 Careful considerations used to compile this list
- 4 The Top 5 Goose Down Pillows Of 2018
- 5 Downluxe Goose Down 2-Pack Pillows
- 6 Continental Bedding White Goose Down Pillow
- 7 East Coast Bedding Premium Quality Goose Down Pillow
- 8 L LOVSOUL White Goose Down and Feather Bed Pillows
- 9 WENERSI Premium Goose Down 2-Pack Blended Pillows
- 10 Final Thoughts
What Is Goose Down?
Have you heard all of your friends, family and coworkers raving about feather or goose down pillows? Are you curious what all of the hype is about or are you even wondering what in the world “goose down” is and why does it seem or popular?
Geese, the marvelous creatures they are, are not only beautiful but they are equipped to handle the cold temperatures. The feathers of a goose are layered with a soft, white upper layer and a thick, warm underlayer, close to their skin that is called “down”.
Quick Look At Our Top 5 Picks
Many people have heard of feather pillows and find them to be not only comfortable but an improvement on the standard pillow. Goose down pillows, however, are not the same as the down feathers as they are much lighter, and do not usually stick through your pillow as easily as the regular goose feathers.
Why choose a goose down pillow?
So, a goose down pillow is basically a feather pillow that is made from a special kind of feather from geese, why does that mean you should consider it for yourself? The simple answer is that the goose down will be not only softer, but if you are going down the path of feather pillows you will find these to be less likely to lose feathers or get stabbed by them throughout the evening.
You may prefer a goose down pillow if you like to have all natural products in your pillows, blankets and household products. Though, if you have chosen a lifestyle and diet combination that does not allow you to consume or use animal products then you may want to look elsewhere for an alternative to standard pillows.
Some choose down pillows because they find that they are fluffier and easier to fluff even over prolonged use. Standard fill pillows tend to lose their shape and fluff over time and regardless about how much you try, they do not fluff back up or regain shape whereas down pillows can be repeatedly fluffed in order to stay plump and comfortable.
Careful considerations used to compile this list
- Comfortable: As you are looking into purchasing a pillow, you probably want it to be supremely comfortable and something that you are looking forward to lay on every day. The pillow should be comfortable not only for the first few minutes or days, but for a long time and through the night.
- Durable and sturdy: These pillows will each be highly sturdy to hold up with near constant use over a long period of time. The pillows should be durable and not allow the feathers to poke through repeatedly or to tear the pillow.
- 2-pack option: These pillows are great but usually when people want to purchase them they do not want to stop at one. These are not a standard option but one that you want to use on a master bed or in a hotel or guest house and if you are like me, you’ll want more then one, if only to share.
- 100% cotton cover: The casing on the pillows on this list are each made with one material only, and that is 100% cotton. Some are even Egyptian cotton with high thread counts, but the most important thing is that you know this material and how to keep it clean.
- Hypoallergenic: You are going to lay your head repeatedly against this pillow nightly, so you are going to want to know that it is free against allergens and pathogens. The pillows are made to keep irritants away from your respiratory tract, and your skin.
The Top 5 Goose Down Pillows Of 2018
The pillow you choose to sleep on, or to use around the house or your work space is very important as it is what helps you get to sleep. Sleep, has such a major impact on your health and well being as you may already know.
If you sleep horribly, you probably have noticed that it bothers your entire day, the way your body aches or how you generally feel sluggish throughout the day. While we blow sleep off because we do not have time to spend on extra sleep, but we really should devote more of our time to sleeping as a way of engaging in self love and self care.
Research and choose your pillow carefully but if you are seeking out a more natural pillow from the stuffing to the casing then you may truly enjoy selecting a down pillow. These pillows will stay plump and fluffed regardless of the amount of use you get out of the pillow.
Be sure to carefully read the care instructions to understand how to clean and care for this pillow so that it is not easily ruined. While many pillows on this particular list are designed to keep the feathers inside, it is almost inevitable that some feathers poke through either way.
Many pillows come with a warranty or a guarantee that allows you to test the pillow for a trial period and if you are not satisfied then you can return it and get a new one. Many guarantees even allow for you to get a full refund when you send back your pillow.