DreamCloud promises to bring luxury inside your bedroom
Not only does the DreamCloud mattress deliver on this promise, but it offers some unique features you won’t find in an ordinary mattress.
With eight layers of premium materials including TrueTufted cashmere, gel-infused memory foam, DreamPlus supporting memory foam, and “BestRest” coils, this mattress is not just a mattress – it’s an experience.
The DreamCloud is a 15-inch luxury hybrid mattress that combines the best of tufting, latex, memory foam, and coil technology to bring you the best sleep money can buy.
We tested the king size for 5 nights to bring you an honest review of this mattress.
- Good combination of comfort and support
- Luxury 8-layer construction at a competitive price point
- Generous 365-night sleep trial and limited lifetime warranty
- Motion isolation properties
- Breathable, temperature dispersing materials to keep you cool.
Overview of the DreamCloud
The DreamCloud may not be the lowest-priced hybrid mattress on the market, but it offers an excellent combination of quality and value. With 8 layers of premium materials and an unbeatable 365-night trial period, this mattress is definitely worth trying.
This mattress features gel-infused memory foam for unparalleled heat distribution as well as contouring support for a comfortable night’s sleep.
It has a hand-tufted cashmere blend topper for a hint of luxury as well as a patented innerspring system designed to provide a precise level of support in 5 distinct comfort zones.
Overall, this mattress provides support where you need it with the perfect pairing of contouring comfort and pushback support.
Here is a quick overview of the DreamCloud’s construction and materials:
- 8-Layer Hybrid Design
- Cashmere Blend Fabric Top Layer
- Medical Grade Visco Elastic Memory Foam
- Hi Core 9.2 Grade Foam
- High Vegetable Base Super Core 5 lbs. Support Foam
- Patented Spring Coils with 5 Zoned Encase Micro Coils
The DreamCloud comes in a single firmness level of 6.5 on a 1-10 scale. According to the website’s FAQ section, this level of firmness is perfect for long-term support while the tufted top player provides an added level of comfort. This mattress also offers superior edge support which is often a problem in traditional spring mattresses.
Before getting into the details about the DreamCloud, here’s a quick overview of some of the pros and cons for this mattress:
Pros of the DreamCloud Mattress
- Luxury 8-layer construction at a competitive price point.
- Free delivery and returns via FedEx.
- Generous 365-night sleep trial and limited lifetime warranty.
- Breathable, temperature dispersing materials to keep you cool.
- Provides the ideal combination of comfort and support.
Cons of the DreamCloud Mattress
- Only comes in one firmness level.
- Is very heavy and difficult to move (set-up available for a fee).
- Long-term durability has not been determined (DreamCloud is still very new).
- May be too firm for some sleepers, particularly stomach sleepers.
- Very tall at 15” – may need extra-deep sheets to fit.
Review of DreamCloud Features
Now that you have a better sense of what makes the DreamCloud unique let’s take a closer look at some of the features this mattress has to offer. The primary feature that sets this mattress apart from the competition is the 8-layer construction, so we’ll start with a review of the layers:
- TrueTufted Cashmere Polyester Blend Cover – The top layer of the DreamCloud, the cashmere blend cover offers breathability and premium softness for unmatched comfort.
- Gel-Infused Memory Foam – This cooling, supportive layer conforms to your body for the optimal level of support.
- Super Soft Quilted Memory Foam – Developed by DreamCloud to ensure a dream-like experience, this layer adds an extra degree of luxury and comfort.
- Supreme Natural Latex – This hypoallergenic layer provides a cushioning bounce for added contouring and extra give.
- DreamPlus Supporting Memory Foam – This high-density layer provides deep contouring support with a luxurious feel.
- Super Dense Super Soft Memory Foam – This layer provides the ultimate degree of support to cradle your body in comfort no matter what sleep position you prefer.
- Patent-Pending “BestRest” Coils – A compression system made up of five-zoned foam-encased pocketed micro coils provides unmatched support from head to toe.
- High-Density Super Soft Memory Foam – This foam layer keeps your body supported throughout the night and reduces motion transfer.
This 8-layer construction provides a unique sleeping experience. In addition to offering the ideal combination of comfort and support, this mattress also features breathable, temperature dispersing materials to keep you cool. Plus, each foam layer has been Certipur-US certified, a certification which is given to less than 1% of mattresses on the market.
DreamCloud uses high-end memory foams that are typically found in mattresses that retail for double or triple the price.
Though five layers of memory foam make the DreamCloud what it is, the internal BestRest coil system plays a significant role as well.
In addition to improving breathability for a cooler sleeping experience, these innerspring coils work with the memory foam to contour to your body.
This ensures a more supportive and comfortable experience for ultimate pressure relief. The BestRest coils also absorb motion, and they are some of the most durable in the industry.
Another unique feature the DreamCloud has to offer is its layer of supreme natural latex.
Latex is a material that is both elastic and durable, ensuring that it will hold up for a lifetime. Natural latex is more resilient than synthetic latex, and it is better adapted to expanding and conforming to any pressure or weight it is exposed to.
To summarize, the DreamCloud is a luxury hybrid mattress with a unique design that is backed by science but crafted by hand to create the ultimate sleeping experience.
Support and Motion Transfer
With five layers of memory foam and an innerspring coil system, the DreamCloud is a highly supportive mattress that conforms to your body shape.
There are some important points to mention, however. For example, lightweight side sleepers may find the mattress too firm – this can lead to constriction in the shoulder area. On the other end of the spectrum, very heavy stomach sleepers may find that the mattress sinks in the stomach area, allowing the spine to bend out of alignment.
The DreamCloud mattress is best for back and stomach sleepers. The combination of the supportive memory foam and the innerspring system provides a comfortable and supportive experience for people who tend to sleep on their back or their side.
The primary benefit of the tufted mattress cover and BestRest coil system is to regulate temperature, but these same features also help to prevent motion transfer.
The innerspring system features individually-pocketed coils which are more flexible than standard coils, and they work in conjunction with the gel-infused foam layer to absorb motion.
This is important for people who tend to change positions throughout the night and for people who sleep with a partner.
Sizing and Pricing Information
The DreamCloud mattress is available in six different sizes ranging from a Twin to a California King. Here’s a rundown of the measurements, weights, and prices for each size:
|39” x 75” x 15”
|39” x 80” x 15”
|54” x 75” x 15”
|60” x 80” x 15”
|76” x 80” x 15”
|72” x 84” x 15”
The DreamCloud mattress is heavier than your typical mattress, but that is to be expected with all of the layers of memory foam and the inclusion of BestRest coils. Generally speaking, the heavier a mattress is, the higher the quality, assuming that it is the memory foam which makes the greatest contribution to the overall weight of the mattress.
When it comes to pricing, the DreamCloud is very competitive. In fact, their prices are much lower than what you would find in a retail mattress store for similar size and quality.
According to their FAQ section, DreamCloud is able to offer such competitive pricing because they sell directly to the customer – add-on costs for distributors, middlemen, and storefront overhead do not apply.
Not only does DreamCloud offer competitive pricing, but they also offer financing options through Affirm. Otherwise, they accept American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
Shipping and Warranty Information
Aside from an amazing product, one of the most impressive benefits DreamCloud has to offer is their 365-night trial period.
While many manufacturers offer a 30-day trial period, DreamCloud lets you test the mattress for a full 12 months. If at any time you decide that you’re dissatisfied with the mattress you can return it for a full refund – no questions asked.
Not only does DreamCloud offer free returns, but they will come and pick up the mattress themselves.
You don’t need to put it back the original packaging (which would be quite a feat), so the entire returns process is pain-free.
In addition to a hassle-free return process, DreamCloud also offers the strongest limited warranty in the industry.
Their Everlong Limited Warranty guarantees that the mattress is free from defects in workmanship and materials for as long as you own and use the mattress.
There are, however, some stipulations to keep in mind:
- Within the first 10 years, DreamCloud will replace your mattress with a brand-new product free of charge in the event of a defect in workmanship or materials.
- After 10 years, DreamCloud will repair and recover your mattress or replace it in the event of a manufacturing defect of material failure.
- The mattress must be used on an appropriate base, and the warranty does not apply if the mattress has been damaged, misused, or neglected.
- The warranty only applies for the original owner of the DreamCloud mattress.
- Normal body impressions up to 1.5” are not applicable for return but excessive body impressions of greater than 1.5” are covered by the warranty.
DreamCloud offers free shipping and free returns in the contiguous United States, and all deliveries are made via FedEx.
An additional $150 shipping fee will be applied for deliveries made to Hawaii and Alaska, and shipping excludes U.S. territories such as Puerto Rico and Guam.
International shipping is not currently available.
Though DreamCloud offers free shipping, set-up is not included but is available for an additional fee.
Through the White Glove Service Option, DreamCloud will set up your mattress and coordinate the removal of your existing mattress for $149.
An additional $20 removal fee may also apply for orders outside California, Rhode Island, and Connecticut because these states have specific recycling laws.
Is the DreamCloud Right for You?
Overall, the DreamCloud lives up to its claims of being a luxury hybrid mattress.
With a tufted cashmere top and several internal layers of memory foam, this mattress is a dream come true.
Everyone has their own sleeping style and preferences, so it would be inaccurate to say that this mattress is a great choice for everyone.
The DreamCloud might be the right choice for you if:
- You crave that luxury feel. If you want to feel like you’re sleeping on a luxury hotel mattress every night, the DreamCloud could be the right mattress for you.
- You sleep on your side or back. The hybrid construction of this mattress offers the ideal combination of support and pressure relief for side and back sleepers.
- You prefer a cooler sleeping experience. If your body tends to run hot, or if you live in a warmer climate, you’ll appreciate the cooling benefits of the gel-infused memory foam.
- You are a larger person. The DreamCloud has an extra-thick comfort layer, and the 15-inch thickness provides the support a larger person needs to avoid sinking too far into the mattress.
- You prefer a traditional spring mattress. Though DreamCloud does features several layers of premium memory foam, it also has an inner spring
No mattress is perfect, and the DreamCloud is not an exception to that rule.
This mattress might not be the right choice for you if:
- You tend to sleep on your stomach. If you primarily sleep on your stomach, the tufted top may be too soft to support natural hip and spine alignment for stomach sleeping – a firmer mattress might be a better option.
- You prefer a firmer mattress. The DreamCloud is a very supportive mattress but it is not the firmest mattress on the market, nor does it come in different levels of firmness.
- You tend to prefer classic memory foam. Though this mattress does include several memory foam mattress layers, the tufted top prevents you from feeling that slow-sinking memory foam feel.
Our Final Recommendation
When it comes to quality and value, the DreamCloud is easily one of the best options on the market.
Though it won’t be a perfect fit for everyone, it’s hard to beat the 8-layer construction and quilted cashmere top at the current price point.
DreamCloud is the ideal mattress for people who want the look and feel of a traditional mattress with the benefit of new-generation latex and memory foam. Plus, with a 365-night trial period and free returns, there’s no reason not to try it.