What you wear when you sleep can have a profound impact on how well you rest. What’s the first thing a woman takes off when she gets home? You’re right! That bra has got to go.
While brassieres support the breasts, they’re not undergarments women want to keep on for the entire day or night. However, some women find it difficult to sleep without breast support, especially if they carry a large bust.
Quick Look at Our Top 5 Picks
Also, women who are nursing or undergoing maternity need breast support.
To support their breasts and sleep comfortably, nursing sleep bras are necessary. There are also additional benefits associated with sleeping in a nursing bra.
According to research, though inconclusive, the underwires in a typical bra may cause mastitis since they put extreme pressure on the milk duct and block them. This affects you and your baby, as your milk ducts might slow down in milk production. A good nursing bra prevents mastitis because it encourages free blood flow.
A nursing bra is also convenient as you won’t need to remove your bra when it’s time to feed. You’ll enjoy flexibility, comfort while you sleep, and you’ll look good doing it.
10 Best Rated Nursing Sleep Bras Reviews
Bravado! Designs Women’s Maternity Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra
Bravado! body silk seamless nursing bra is priced on the higher end. The bra is 100% elastane and comprises of 9% spandex and 91% nylon.
The company behind the design boasts seamless comfort. The material is luxuriously soft and is a part of the Body Silk Seamless Collection.
Body silk seamless nursing bra was created with foam inserts so that you can alternate between looks. They also provide a seamless look to ensure your nipples aren’t showing when worn under everyday clothing. To care for foam inserts, resist the urge to wash the item in a washer. Instead, hand wash with a mild soap to ensure that the fabric holds up longer.
Body silk seamless nursing bra is not a wired brassiere. It reduces compressions and constraints while you nurse and sleep. The bra is ideal for women who have issues finding a nursing sleep bra that comfortably fits.
- The quality of the material is superior and comfortable for nursing and sleeping.
- The clasps accompanying the bra are sturdy and easy to remove and reconstruct with only one hand.
- Lacks lower support
- Not a hundred percent breathable, especially during summer.
Hanes Women’s Cozy Seamless Wire-Free Bra
This vibrant wire-free bra boasts a combination of nylon and spandex. Hanes Women’s Cozy Seamless Wire-Free Bra supports free movement as the product is manufactured using a 4-way stretch fabric.
Unlike the typical 2-way stretch fabric that only extends in one direction, this wire-free bra stretches in both ways.
Although the bra wasn’t specifically made as a nursing sleep bra, the design makes it ideal for nursing moms. Hanes claims to use ‘smart’ size shapes to fit you. This is to provide several sizes to accommodate women of various bust sizes.
- Ideal for women with small to medium size breasts.
- Provides exceptional comfort with soft and high-quality material.
- Buying your ‘exact’ bust size might be an uncomfortable and small fit.
- Busty women are at a disadvantage with this nursing bra.
Lamaze Cotton Spandex Sleep Bra for Nursing and Maternity
Lamaze cotton spandex sleep bra was intricately designed for women who was nursing. The material used to design this nursing sleep bra is comprised of 95% cotton and 5% spandex.
The brasserie does support machine wash so if you’re opposed to handwashing on any given day, go ahead and toss it into your machine. The bra has a surplice neckline which almost resembles a wrap-around bra.
If you’re looking for a cheap and affordable bra that does what it is made for, this is right up your alley. However, if you’re more inclined toward aesthetics and texture, Lamaze may not be the best choice.
The quality of the bra is poor. The stitch quality of the bra isn’t great, and you’ll find uneven stitches along its lines. However, aside from the substandard feel of the material, it’s comfy to sleep in.
The surplice neckline of the bra is very useful for nursing. However, if you have a large bust, it might be challenging to keep your breasts in while you sleep. It does work well for nursing, but sleeping, not so much.
- The cost of obtaining the item is affordable
- Affords quick and convenient nursing
- Poor quality in terms of stitching
- Not ideal for women with a big bust because of the surplice neckline
Suekaphin 5-Pack Wireless Nursing Bra
View On Amazon
This women’s maternity bra is ideally designed for pregnant and nursing mothers who desire style and being comfortable at the same time. The set offers color variation and provides the user with enough options to last for a while. Included in the pack are bra extenders, while the bra itself features removable padding for easier washing, as well as a wireless cup for convenience and comfort. The feeding clasp allows you to remove fastener easily, and the adjustable straps permit you to regulate how tight the bra can be on you.
Suekaphin uses a combination of nylon and spandex materials for this bra to ensure it is smooth and close-fitting. The fabric is durable, and the color will not fade over time. There are several sizes available to accommodate for all pregnant or nursing mothers. Also, you can choose to order one size larger than your bust size to account for an increase in breast size.
- As a set of five pieces, this is cost-effective, comes in beautiful, fun colors, and made of high-quality fabrics
- The bras are comfortable, soft and have straps with a nice stretch
- Supportive and sturdy to be worn during sleeping or moving around the house
- Excellent customer service; wrong or unsatisfactory orders can be replaced or money refunded
- The removable pad tends to fold though it can easily be straightened with two hands.
Kindred Bravely French Terry Racerback Nursing Sleep Bra for Maternity/Breastfeeding
Not only is this nursing sleep bra comfortable, but it has a little flare to it. Think about it as sleeping with style but with added support and seamless nursing capabilities. The bra is made up of 5% spandex and 92% Rayon of Bamboo.
The Kindred Bravely Racerback bra for breastfeeding and maternity is extremely soft and sensitive on the skin. The crossover or layer front of the bra makes it ideal to pull-aside when you’re ready to breastfeed.
If your breasts are large, ensure to order one size up when making a purchase.
- adjustable with your breasts as it expands while you breastfeed.
- The quality of the bra is soft and comfy.
- Might get super stretchy after a few washes
- Lacks support for large breasts.
iLoveSIA 3PACK Women’s Seamless Nursing Bra Bralette
iLoveSIA nursing bra is a vibrant wireless bra designed for one-handed access. The bra features a lining made of removable foam cups that are great concealers for hiding your nipples. You can choose to leave them in or take them out.
The straps are adjustable, and the material forms a butterfly type design at the front of the bra. Not only does this add style to the bra, but it brings added comfort and fit. Unlike other bras, this butterfly gathering at the front is not seen when worn under other garments.
- iLoveSIA holds up strongly even after several weeks of washing.
- Easy to clip and unclip when you’re ready to nurse.
- The straps are very uncomfortable and will hang on the shoulders.
- Removable pads are awkward and tend to get deformed and difficult to reposition.
COOSHCO 3PACK Women’s Seamless Nursing Maternity Bra
If you’re a hook and eye type of girl, you’ll love this brassiere’s closure. It’s almost 100% nylon and is made to adjust to the shape of your body.
The bra boasts a front-facing deep V-cut with easily adjustable straps to fit the shoulders. The expected nursing capability was made into the bra and supports one-handed access.
Based on what is recommended by healthcare professionals, CooShco nursing maternity bra pushes cups away from the breasts.
The nursing clips are inconspicuous and falls right into the bras design. Also, don’t forget to get a nursing pillow for a comfortable breastfeeding.
- CooShco’s nursing bras are extremely comfortable to wear.
- Cab be worn outdoors to run errands. It’ll feel just like your normal bra.
- Because of the deep V-shaped cut, this might pose problems for breast.
- Doesn’t accommodate breasts expansion and breast fills, cup sizes are just too small.
Lataly Women’s Sleeping Nursing Bra
View On Amazon
This product is another bra set that comes in 5 pieces, thereby saving cost and giving you enough quality bras to last you for a long time. The fabric made of nylon and spandex is soft, breathable, stretchy, and very comfortable. The straps are adjustable for a great body fit, and there is no underwire to cause discomfort. The bra has a back hook and eye closure with drop cups.
The bra comes with a snug all-around wireless band, with straps designed wide enough to ensure that they stay on the shoulders.
- Quite comfortable with a great fit
- The material has seamless, has no underwire and the clip can be easily opened or closed with one hand
- Available in several sizes
- The straps are adjustable with enough stretch to support the breasts over the shoulders
- The colors are dull with few complaints on the color washing
- Designed for hand wash only
HOFISH Women’s Full Bust Wire-free Sleeping Nursing Bra
View On Amazon
This product from HOFISH is a comfortable bra made for pregnant and nursing mothers to wear around the home or for sleeping. It has removable pads that can be worn to prevent breast milk from leaking on the mattress during sleep. The bra has a thick band that can effectively support the breasts to avoid the discomfort caused by an underwire.
This maternity bra has all the comfort of a sports bra and is available in small, medium, large and extra-large sizes. The fabric is a combination of spandex, nylon, and polyester. Also, there are extenders included to make up for an increase in bust size during pregnancy and nursing stages.
- The clip can be unclasped with one hand for convenience while breastfeeding
- The strips on the bra make it cute and fun to wear
- Straps are adjustable and supportive
- Machine washable
- The color combination makes it visible when worn under some clothes
- The bra may be too large for petite women
BAOMOSI Womens Maternity Nursing Bra
Like all other nursing bras, this seamless push up wireless underwear comes fully loaded to get the job done. The bra was designed to align with your unique shape.
When your breasts expand, it will fit into this bra. You can obtain the bra before giving birth and not worry about the bra being too tight. It’s always wise to choose 1-2 sizes up if you haven’t started the actual breastfeeding process.
The material used to produce the bra is 92% nylon and 8% spandex. The bra supports one-handed access, so you can breastfeed while holding your baby close to you.
- The bra fits comfortably when bought in the right size.
- Bra keeps breast intact while you sleep.
- The straps wear out in a short period of time.
- Bra becomes a bit bulky when padded inserts are added.
Considerations When Buying a Nursing Sleep Bra
Prior to buying a nursing sleep bra, there are a few factors to consider. Nursing sleep bras are mainly bought for the comfort they offer. Not only should you be able to easily slip on these bras, but when ready to feed, your breasts should pop right out, instead of taking the bra down.
It’s also wise to consider the durability of a nursing bra. You want to ensure that your money is well spent on a product that will withstand a few washes and tugs from your nursing baby.
Babies love to tug and pull on bras. If it easily comes apart when your baby starts pulling on it, it’s best to buy another bra.
Bra size. That’s the elephant in the room. A nursing bra that is too tight will cause great discomfort for your breasts. Not only will it prevent you from getting a good night’s rest, but it could also affect milk production and flow.
On the other hand, a nursing bra that is too loose will not provide the support you need for your breasts. Getting the right size for your nursing sleep bra is important, so ensure to check the sizes before buying.
Is there a warranty on the bra? Things do and will happen. Ensure you’ll be covered just in case something goes wrong.
There is no perfect nursing sleep bra. Bear in mind that women differ in bust and size. What works well for you might not sit well with someone else.
Also, consider the purpose of the bra when buying. Do you need it solely for nursing, sleeping, or both? There will always be a drawback to the nursing sleeping bras out there. However, always make sure ensure that the bra you buy supports your breasts, provides comfort, allows you to nurse, and helps/allows you to sleep peacefully.